Rockwell Automation is looking for a talented Component Engineer with electronics design experience or component engineering experience to join team. You will join a diverse, global engineering team and be responsible for guiding the hardware development teams on component selection for Rockwell products.
- You will be a part of newly created team in Poland supporting multiple businesses in that location.
- You act as the Component Engineering project representative and sit in on multiple project reviews for both new product introduction and major redesigns.
- You will play a key role in multiple phases of product development by providing guidance on proper component selection and risk mitigation.
- You will act as the liaison between the supported businesses and the global commodity owners within Component Engineering.
- You will work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, electrical) located in multiple locations globally. You will work closely with Rockwell’s Strategic Sourcing Organization (SSO) as well as Quality.
- You will assist the supported businesses in conducting failure analysis when necessary.
- You will work closely with RA’s supply base and coordinate presentations on new technology that may be applicable to RA.
- You will work with the Hardware Development and Continuation teams to educate and train them on best practices for component selection as well as advise on Component Engineering processes.
- The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for solving problems and producing results.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop both technical and leadership skills and experience by take on increasing scope and responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of hardware design or component engineering experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various electronic commodities including passives, integrated circuits, and power electronics.
- Excellent communication skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English on at least B2 level
- Comfortable to reading, writing, and speaking with people at all levels.
- Ability to travel internationally (no more than 10% per year).
- Understanding of component lifecycles and obsolescence mitigation.
- Experience with SAP and or Windchill PLM systems. Familiar with Silicon Expert or other 3rd party lifecycle management tools.
- Experience with component derating.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma methodologies
Zobacz podobne oferty
Rockwell Automation Sp. z o.o.
Product Compliance Senior Engineer
Lokalizacja: śląskie / Katowice