International Payroll Analyst
We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Together, we’re pushing the limits of what’s possible. We stay ahead to create the new standards our future needs. Start your career with Jacobs – a company like no other that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Krakow Global Business Services (GBS) Center provides global support and expertise in the fields of Finance, Accounting, Procurement, Project Management, IT and HR.
Our multicultural team is now looking for new team members who are ready to explore challenging environment and deliver the best services to our employees. If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you’re looking for!
This role of Payroll Analyst is designed for candidates with 2+ years of Payroll experience and we offer flexible working hours (the team can start their work between 7:30-9:30 am).
- Payroll Processing – processing new hires, employee changes, terminations, processing hours and pay for all employees, completing appropriate documentation and checklists accurately and timely
- Payroll Audits – finalize and balance payroll totals using internal tools, perform all necessary reviews and audits to reports produced by outsourced vendors, such us Gross to Net, payment reports, etc
- Internal Payroll Audits – gather payroll data for internal and client audits
- Reporting – run payroll related reports to support the needs of departments and customers
- Customer Service – provide a consistently high-level of customer service and manage escalated cases and service requests within the SLA requirements. Partner with HR/Accounting/Benefits & Compensation/Tax Department and managers/supervisors to ensure that a strong business relationship is maintained.
- Process Documentation/Training – create/update process documentation to include work instructions and process flows. Assess current processes to streamline and gain efficiencies.
- Knowledge – knowledge of end-to-end transactions, including highly technical and complex payrolls. Research and find creative solutions to solve payroll issues in an increasingly changing environment.
- Teamwork – support other team members to mentor and coach. Participate in team and company initiatives to support the “we” mentality vs. “I”. Work collectively as a team to ensure that we meet our monthly metric goals of processing with minimal errors, worked performed with SLA timeframes and positive employee feedback.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- Fluency in English, verbal and written (must have)
- Any other European language will be an advantage
- 2+ years of global payroll experience, with companies having 1,000+ employees
- Intermediate software skill and experience with Microsoft Excel, including pivots, lookups, filtering and sorting
- Basic proficiency and experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Visio.
- Preferrably In-house payroll experience utilizing a major ERP system, (i.e Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
- Experience in managing multiple payrolls as advantage
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize on demand
- Self-paced, independent worker with a strong sense of accountability. Required minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Unique company culture fostering individual career growth and work-life balance
- Full-time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Hybrid or stationary working model – depending on your preferences
- Flexible working hours (we start between 7:30-9:30)
- “Short Fridays” (we work 6h on Friday)
- Flexible benefits package (Lux Med medical care, psychological care, life insurance, My Benefit cafeteria system, including Multisport card co-financing, car park sharing system)
- Membership in Jacobs employee networks (Womens Network, OneWorld, PRISM, Careers Network, Green Team, Toastmasters, Collectively and others)
- Continuous development opportunities, including a range of professional trainings and certifications (e.g. ACCA, CIPS), Graduate Development Program, Learners’ Community, self-learning platform
- Language courses (English, German, Polish)